Sunday, September 12, 2010

Cities and the smell






Every new city I get in. Small towns are small towns, but large cities always live me a smell to remember.
They used to say that Israel smells like oranges: well I remember Tel Aviv as a smell of my sweat and wet air with nothing good in it.

Bangkok and the Dirt
Bangkok to me has this awful smell of a dogpoop and dirt. You can find this smell in southern Tel-Aviv or any other city were really none has done for the environment.







U-bahn in Berlin 
Berlin has this electric smell of a metro. I still can't figure out what exactly leaves this smell, because you can not smell it when you are inside and only when you get out or in you can sense this smell that somehow reminds me of something my childhood maybe because the Kiev metro.





Autumn in Prague
Prague I loved the best. Prague has this smell of Russia. Is is the smell of the autumn and the wet yellow-orange trees on my way to the school. I really loved that smell, but the city is dead.







Now , running 180 Kpm on the autobahn i'm waiting to smell Dresden's air.

No comments:

Post a Comment